HIALEAH, Fla.—Today, Governor Rick Scott visited the Jose F. Caragol Jr. Emergency Operations Center where he was joined by state and local emergency management officials to mark the beginning of the 2015 Atlantic hurricane season. The season, which extends from June 1 through November 30, represents the period when hurricanes are most likely to form in the Atlantic Ocean. Last year, Governor Scott's budget included $750,000 for the new emergency operations center, which will help the surrounding area be better prepared for disasters.
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
- Vaccination Benefits Focus of National Infant Immunization Week
- National Minority Health Month
- DOH Names Director for Division of Disease Control and Health Protection
- Department Urges Caution to Avoid Reported Medical Marijuana Scams
- Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program Connects Wic Participants With No-cost Fresh, Locally Grown Florida Produce
- DCF, DOH, FDLE to Hold Workshops on Opioid Use
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals