HIALEAH, Fla.—Today, Governor Rick Scott visited the Jose F. Caragol Jr. Emergency Operations Center where he was joined by state and local emergency management officials to mark the beginning of the 2015 Atlantic hurricane season. The season, which extends from June 1 through November 30, represents the period when hurricanes are most likely to form in the Atlantic Ocean. Last year, Governor Scott's budget included $750,000 for the new emergency operations center, which will help the surrounding area be better prepared for disasters.
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
- Health Care Providers Play Important Role in Fight Against Human Trafficking
- Keep Vaccine Between You & Flu
- Department of Health Daily Zika Update
- Florida Health Celebrates National Radon Action Month
- Florida Health Urges Vaccination as Flu Season Intensifies
- Florida Department of Health Issues 13 Suspension and Restriction Orders in December 2016
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals